THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Amazing Fayetteville!

As you may have guessed from the title of this post, WE LOVE FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS!! At first I thought that we were in the twilight zone or something...no wait, I don't even know why I said that. What's the twilight zone? I guess at first I thought we were in La La land? I don't even know what I'm thinking, but let me explain it. Everyone here is so strangely friendly that you would think it was fake...only its not! Everyone you walk past, you make eye contact with, you see across the street, or even if you think you might see someone around the corner, you say hi too. I'm not joking... I have never met people so friendly! Even in the grocery store everyone says hi to you when you walk past. It was so odd, but it was so genuine! It took some getting used to but we adapted quite quickly! It is also so green where we are! Everywhere you look it is just bright green--so pretty! And we live in the best place ever. Everything is within walking distance: the mall is in our backyard, the lake is just down the street, walmart is across the street and a sushi place is practically in our parking lot. where else would you need to go?? Although we love where we live we of course ran into some problems. When we got to our apartment we had no furniture. Shawn's company has our apartments furnished so we don't have to bring all of our couches and beds and stuff here. Well there was a mishap with the rental place and they said we wouldn't get our furniture until Monday...we got there on Thursday. So I figured, okay, whats a couple days without furniture? Well it did suck and I could hardly wait for our furniture to come on Monday, but then Monday came and went, Tuesday came and went....as did Wednesday...and then thursday came....and FINALLY we got our furniture. During that week of no furniture Harley and I had time to ponder on the wonders that is furniture, take lots of naps, and take lots of walks outside (Shawn was working all day so he wasn't home furniture-less).


When we got our furniture I was quite ecstatic and immediately fell in love with the pretty periwinkle couches that now inhabit our family room. I began to wonder why I had never thought of something so beautiful, so profound to grace our presence in our home before! Here is Harley modeling them for us...


We live right by University of Arkansas and I have never seen people so dedicated to the local college! Everywhere we look there are red UA signs or pictures of a hog (their mascot). Everyone's outside mats to go into their house are hogs, they have flags outside their house, even the ladies at church have their little church bags with the mascot on it! In Walmart they have a huge section with rows and rows of University of Arkansas stuff...I thought you might not believe me so I was vedy vedy sneaky and took a picture with my phone (I was trying to fit in and didn't them to think I was weird for taking a picture...)


One of our favorite parts about living here is living so close to the lake. They have a little track that goes around it that we can take walks on and take Harley around. They have a big park area also. And they have little benches on the bridge that you can sit on and look out at the lake. It is AMAZING and we will definitely miss it when we move!



Whenever we move anywhere Harley always has his two favorite places. The first is the balcony. He takes after me and would lay all day in the sun if he could! On our balcony out here the sun only hits it in the morning so first thing in the morning he runs over to the door to go 'lay out.' The second place is the chair. Back at home he is only allowed on the couch, not on our chair. But when we come out
for the summer we have rental furniture which means he takes reign over the chair!! Here he is, just woken up and has morning hair...aka morning ears.



Oh and here is Harley with his new friend! Cute huh??


So that is Fayetteville in a nutshell. The guys have now become licensed in Oklahoma so we will be leaving here =(

4 comments:

The Hansen's said...

Erica my dear...the pictures are so cute! I am so glad you took a picture of the wal-mart cause seriously I love that place;) I hope things are going so good for you guys! Cant wait to see you !

Cyndi said...

about freakin time!!! did that take you all day to write that post?! geeeez! I love all the pictures of your "baby" he is so cute! love the couches, hook me up! we miss you guys!

Cami said...

YAY you're back! ha You guys have been adventurous! gosh I didn't know that about you with your sharp pains and trips to the instacare. that's too bad, does it bother you now? wish we were there with you guys too, last summer was so fun! oh how to look at Ruth's blog... go to my friends links and you could click on their names(they are close to the bottom) and view it from there I guess. Oh and are you in Oklahoma now and will you be there the rest of the summer? Have fun!!

Logan Tanner said...

As a dog owner (looking at your dog reminded me of this) you should check out It's Me Or The Dog on Animal PlanetHD. Its a good show. We've learned so much about how to train our dogs better. Just little stuff. The good stuff.