THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Okay this really has nothing to do with Father's Day other than the fact that it happened to fall on Father's Day! After I showered Shawn with his favorite foods and gave him some new shirts (I know I know, I am the best wife ever) then we headed out for our usual Sunday tradition. The group out here always BBQ's and then we head to the pool for some fun in the sun! Today we decided to take Harley so he didn't have to be stuck in the house. Harley isn't the biggest fan of water. He used to love it when he was a puppy. Whenever I was taking a shower he felt the need to join me. But then I had to start kicking him out cuz it was a pain to dry him off every day and I was sick of smelling wet dog. So eventually he stopped liking water! Well he has never been in deep enough water to try swimming. I always wondered if he even could swim considering his numerous rolls and stubby legs. So yesterday we were at the pool and it was like 95 and humid! He was getting so hot and couldn't find any relief! I was in the pool and I was trying to coax him in. With just me around him (he didn't trust any of the guys) he actually came in a few steps and hung out in the water. But once he went to step down on the third step he realized he would be in over his head and backed up! He did like the kiddie pool though and hung out there for a while...you know just drinking the nasty chlorinated water!

Finally curiousity got the best of all of us wondering if Harley could swim. While Harley was playing a viscous game of tug-o-war with a water bottle, Steve pulled him right into the water (with the help of Rhees). Harley sunk right to the bottom! Not knowing if he was going to come up or not the guys pulled him up! I can still picture in my mind his little legs flailing and him gasping for breath as he came up out of the water with this horrified expression on his face! While I probably should have been a little worried I couldn't stop laughin at the poor lil' fella! I'm laughing right now typing the story! Anyhow, Steve helped him swim to safety!

After that whole little shinanigan we still don't even know if he could swim cuz he sunk so fast and didn't come up we didn't dare see if he would come up on his own! So after Harley took the plunge of death he was a little bit shaken up to say the least. When I went and sat down on a chair to dry off he came and sat on my lap and didn't want to get off! What a GREAT Father's Day! Can't wait until next Sunday at the pool!

7 comments:

@manda said...

I can't believe you did that ha ha ha I am rolling on the ground laughing so hard! All I can picture is that huge brick of a dog and the bottom of the pool and everyone laughing while he feared for his dear little life. HA HA HA HA poor thing! Tell Shawn happy FATHERS DAY!!! Hope it was a fun one other than the drowning dog.!

LJAZ said...

Hahahaha that is the funniest story! Poor Harley though he will probably never want to go back from being traumitized! Thats a better story then when Macie swam! hahahaha! I can't believe he drank pool water yuk!

TheStewside said...

Your dog looks better then Shawn does. HA HA

Logan Tanner said...

I don't have a real job but that web site still works great for me. Looks like you're having a fun summer BTW. We are still having a bi*** of a time finding a new house/apt that allows us to have dogs. It sucks. And yes, we are moving again.

CHUNTZ said...

You dont suck...but it is about time we found each other! Love your fatehrs day pics! Miss you!

Logan Tanner said...

We've thought about buying, but with me being outa school in 2 years or less, we don't want to be tied down. The mortgage would be about the same as a piss hole apartment, but then we pay for EVERYTHING. We're still looking but its gay. Our rent is also going up $40 once our contract ends.

Cami said...

Poor harley! you are great parents! haha I'm kidding,I was laughing so hard just barely sitting here by myself! k so I thought you said you didn't have a pool!? that looks like one and it looks like a good one. guess I miss understood. I really miss you this summer :( but glad its going good for you guys! talk to ya soon