THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pool Pets

Since we have moved to Tulsa we have found quite a variety of animals living in the pool. There are 2 pools in our apartment complex--the lower pool which is by the apartment complex office, and then an upper pool which is basically in the backyard of our apartment. Since the upper pool is closer we usually go to that one. Well when we moved into the apartment complex the pools weren't open yet, they didn't open for about two weeks. When we would walk Harley at night we would walk past the upper pool by our house. I'm gonna be honest, the pool was NASTY!! It was all green and swampy and gross. Come to find out there were snakes in it! Yes, snakes were living in the pool! Finally they cleaned it out and got rid of the snakes. Sure the pool was cleaner but it was still not open to the public yet. Even though it wasn't open to the public, apparently it was open to ducks. Every night we walked by the pool after it got cleaned there was a duck just chillin and floating around on it. We thought it was a fake duck so Shawn threw a rock at it and we discovered it was real! So the duck lasted about a week and then they opened the pool and the duck stopped showing up....must not like chlorine! While I thought we were rid of our wonderful pool pets I was wrong. For the past week or two every morning we find this in the pool

Yes you saw it correctly--it is a rat. They are found in various forms; dead, alive, water-logged.... You would think that one of the surviving rats would run and tell the other rats that getting in the pool is not a good idea. But we have had no rat messengers relay this message for every morning rats are still found! I have never been so glad that I just lay out and don't actually get in the pool! While my hubby might be full of diseases,I am not! Phew, dodged that bullet! I thought the pool was bad but apparently the hot tub isn't much better. One night WHILE we were sitting in the hot tub we were informed by maintenance that it was filled with 'beer and piss'. YUMMY! That was the best news ever! Not only do I love sitting in a big bath tub filled with everyone else's filth, but now it is also filled with beer and piss. YAY! With this news of liquid options for the hot tub and various pets to choose from, I have never loved Tulsa so much!

9 comments:

@manda said...

That is so gross!!! SURPRISE!!! Hopefully they are just in the pool and not your house......

Tim and Lara said...

haha! oh my KBFF how I loved reading your story! So funny! Someday you will laugh at it. Now come and be my blogging kbff.

Jessica said...

Hey I just found your blog! That pool stuff is sick. I would cut my losses and stay dry all summer.

Ashley said...

You would think that MySpace & Facebook are enough of the social networking. But their not!!! So I'm glad I came across your blog and I have another way to stock you and your RAT??? LOL

Chelsea + Brandon said...

That is SO sick!Eeww! It gives me the chills just thinking about it! YUCK!

Logan Tanner said...

At least little mexican kids done poo in your pool. Maybe they were confused, "poo" and "pool" do like similar.

Logan Tanner said...

Yes. Vote sucka!

Chris & Courtney said...

I am 100% disgusted! I am completely terrified of mice/rats, so I wouldn't even dare go near the pool. I'm proud of you for still laying out because I certainly couldn't do it.

dani said...

you are frikkin' hilarious! wish you were closer, my friend... or that you called me when you visited idaho. haha. :)