THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

DiSNeYwOrlD!!

For my job that I used to have (I quit because we are moving for the summer) I would travel and go to tradeshows every few months. I have gone with them to Orlando twice, tampa, and Tacoma. It has been fun and I love to travel! Well the last tradeshow I went to was in Orlando back in March. The day before the tradeshow started we had a some extra time. I couldn't help but notice that we were staying right next to Disneyworld. I had never been and so suggested that maybe we should go. Well two of the sales guys made fun of me, but Blaine said that he was in! YES!! I was so stoked! We didn't go to Disneyworld until about 5pm. It had been raining since about 2:00 or 3:00 but that wasn't stopping us. I was actually pretty excited that it was raining because that meant no lines! For all of you who know me that is a really good thing because I am extremely impatient. The whole waiting thing just doesn't really work for me! Anyways, right when we got to Disneyworld it stopped raining. It couldn't have been better timing because most people had already left the park since it had been raining for a few hours. The first ride we went on was Splash Mountain. We were THE ONLY people on the ride. For some reason I thought that you didn't get very wet on Splash Mountain. I was very VERY sadly mistaken! We got SOAKED!! My sweatshirt had totally soaked through to my shirt and my jeans were almost completely wet! This is me after the ride...

Just when I thought I was getting a little dry (about an hour later) it started pouring down rain again! It wasn't too bad at first and we weren't complaining because there were still no lines whatsoever! We would literally walk right up to the ride and get in! If you've ever been to Florida you know that when it rains it means business! Within no time there were huge puddles everywhere! My uggs were starting to get completely soaked through with water...all the way to my socks! There was no longer a dry spot left on me! But we still made it through the whole park and went on all the rides by the time it was 11 or 12. It was definitely a night to remember!

I wanted the whole Disneyworld experience....Mickey ears and all!


This is Blaine and I at the end of the night waiting for our ride. We sent this home to our loved one's to show how soaked we got!


Not only did I go to Disneyworld for the first time this trip to Florida, I also ate my first oyster and tried alligator for the first time! We also saw an alligator in this little pond on our way to work one day. Can you see him? (I hope he wasn't the one that I ate later on that night! That would just put a face to the food...poor lil' fella!)

0 comments: